Cabergoline is a drug originally intended for the treatment of impotence, male infertility and gynecomastia. In bodybuilding, the drug is actively used to normalize hormone levels after the use of heavy anabolic steroids. The drug is available under various brands, but the patent rights belong to Pharmacia, which introduced it to the market in the 80s of the last century. Naturally, the price of cabergoline of the original production will be much higher, but the quality of the drug fully compensates for this.
How does cabergoline work?
The main value of the drug is to reduce the level of prolactin, a hormone that increases due to the use of steroids. Cabergoline interacts with dopamine receptors, which are found on pituitary lactotroph cells. As a result, they begin to actively produce dopamine. It is this hormone that suppresses the action of prolactin and normalizes hormonal balance. The use of the drug in PCT allows you to neutralize other side effects caused by the use of progestogen anabolics. Therefore, we recommend that you buy Cabergoline if you are taking AAS hormones.
Also, the drug removes excess fluid from muscle tissue, which makes the muscles drier and more prominent. This allows you to take cabergoline while drying.
Cabergoline intake and dosage rules
To avoid side effects on the gastrointestinal tract, experienced athletes recommend taking the remedy during a meal. The dosage is determined by the purpose of using cabergoline. If used as a hypoprolactinic agent, the dose is 0.25 to 0.50 mg every four days. If the drug is used in combination with anabolics, it is recommended to limit it to 0.25 mg every four days. You should start taking cabergoline from the second week of the course and take another 2-3 weeks after the end.
If you strictly follow the recommendations, you can achieve the following effect:
- normalization of hormonal balance, due to the neutralization of prolactin by dopamine;
- restoration of erection – is a consequence of the normalization of the level of hormones in the blood;
- increased libido – occurs due to increased libido, which is affected by low prolactin;
- lowering blood pressure is a dual effect, so people with initially low blood pressure should be careful with the drug;
- removing excess liquid is very important during drying.
Cabergoline Side Effects
However, the effect of cabergoline cannot only be positive. In case of violation of the regime or excessive doses, the drug can cause certain disorders in various body systems:
- acne, irritation and hypersensitivity of the skin: indicates disorders of the immune system;
- insomnia, irritability – the nervous system (occurs very rarely, but in a severe form it can even manifest itself as a distortion of consciousness, so at the first sign you need to stop taking it);
- pressure drop and damage to the mitral valves – the cardiovascular system;
- nausea, diarrhea, vomiting – the digestive system (the most common event will be avoided by changing the scheme of taking the drug).